Sunday, August 19, 2012

Special Moments

Ok....I know it's been forever since I've added on and I don't even know who will read this, but I've found myself wanting to share some thoughts lately. As you know we've added onto our family and we have some big changes going on. It's been a bit crazy!!

I am the first to admit that I can be a grumpy mama sometimes! I often get caught up in tasks at hand and of course, with two little ones, they don't always go smoothly. The past couple of weeks, I've been following a family from the town that Jared and I used to live in. I didn't know the family. I met the mom in passing as she was a fellow educator. If you get a chance to read a little, do so. They will touch your hearts.
http://www.caringbridge.com/visit/shelbeeroberts

This family has really made me rethink how I spend my days. Why do I spend time being grumpy at my kids? Why has housework or getting to the post office become my priority? I really hope that I can remember what the real priority and joy in life should be. I know I can't let my house fall to pieces (which it pretty much stays in the state that occurs before "falling to pieces") but it can certainly wait so that my kids feel loved and important.

So, getting to my point, I wanted to share my special moment for the day. I want to make sure that I never forget these and how they make me feel. One of Lainey's favorite things lately has been laying on the couch with me, covered in our "blankies", reading books. We read one book, she scoots off, runs pitter pattering over to the book shelf, stands and looks for a book that's just right and brings a new one to read. We did that for about an hour today. I can't really explain the feeling of happiness that moment brought to me. The sound her feet make as she runs to the shelf, how smart she is to stand there and think about what book she wants to read and just snuggling together.

I'm terrible at making time to do things. I wish I had it in me to write down all these special times so I can remember how they make me feel. I know time will go way too fast and the kiddos will grow before I know it. I sure hope I have these memories to fall back on! I know every mama thinks their kids are the best and most special and that is definitely true here!!

I have a funny blog coming up later this week.....stay tuned:)

2 comments:

  1. This is just beautiful Jennifer. Your children are very fortunate to have such a caring, loving Mom, and Dad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much. I really have been affected by this sweet family. I think I take so much for granted sometimes.

    ReplyDelete