Thursday, August 18, 2011

Three Thoughts...


It's been awhile, so I'm trying to catch up all in one!

#1. Two weekends ago, we went to visit my brother-in-law, sister-in-law and neice for my neice's birthday. We had a fantastic time. We always have such a great time and it goes way too fast! We went to Keller Pointe, which was a really neat place. Bridget and Lainey had a great time splashing and playing and Bridget even went down the slide! We always tell funny stories and laugh alot. The guys beat each other with plastic golf clubs. Bridget got a fancy beachball birthday cake and lots of cute gifts. I think her favorite of the day was the new wagon that all of the party attendants pulled her around in.
 

Bridget and Lainey riding in style

Bridget and her b-day cake
 #2. I have a sick kiddo on my hands. This is Lainey's first illness. It breaks my heart! You wouldn't know that she was sick judging by her disposition, but she is stuffy and pulling at her ears. Her first round of antibiotics did nothing and now she has a double ear infection. We are trying a different medicine now and hoping that it clears her up. She is still eating and sleeping, but it is harder for her to eat with the congestion :(
Honestly, I believe this is harder on me than it is on her!! Well....it is also hard on her doctor. The poor, sweet lady gets an ear full every time we go in. Lainey hates everything about the doctor-from weighing to checking her ears. She screams bloody murder as soon as the stethoscope hits her chest. The doctor shook her head and said, "I guess that was traumatic???". The poor lady is pregnant and looks so tired.

Eating her puffs this week. She's trying out finger foods.

She eats with the middle two fingers-the ones she likes to suck.
        
 #3. Lainey is blowin' and goin' these days!! She is scooting everywhere in the house! She doesn't do a "normal kid crawl". She has adopted what I have deemed a "froggy crawl". It goes arms, then legs, arms, then legs. Hey, who cares as long as she's moving. It is so fun to watch her get to and explore everything! My main point here is that all of this crawling will make you reevaluate your cleaning skills!! YUCK!! Not that I had any cleaning skills to start off with. My idea of cleaning is shoving it into the closet, slamming the doors shut and dusting it off with a hand. Well, since I'm staying at home now, I guess I have to actually do a little better than that. I was crawling on the floor with Lainey today and it's GRODY!! Baseboards are filthy and our vacuum is definitely not an Animal (the brand) when it comes to sucking up the 5,000 pounds of pet hair left behind by our furry friends.

Also, things that you never would have thought of have now become hazards. Chairs that can fall over, cords that apparently make fun playthings, walls that are...well, too hard and a cat that threatens to eat any human that encroaches in her 50 foot radius personal space. Yikes!

Ok....solution? Pad the house and put plastic down. And misplace the cat permanently.


What??

Froggy Crawling
What is this critter?


 


 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment